Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
TomHJ Regular Member • Posts: 187
Re: Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark

1)   Without monitor calibration, what you think of as turning the brightness down may not be sufficient.  Monitor brightness for photo printing is a lot less than you might be used to!  Are your results different from a prior printer?

2)   I may be wrong, but it sounds as though you aren't using printer/paper-specific ICC profiles.  To do so, have Photoshop control the color management, with the correct ICC profile (your printer comes with ones for Canon papers; most third-party papers provide ones that are specific to your printer).  Then--equally important!--in your Pro-100 properties, turn off color management (via Main--Color Intensity--Manual--Matching--None).

I have the Pixma Pro 100, and my prints are, consistently, very close to what I expect them to be, based on the monitor (with or without "soft proofing").  I use Lightroom, but believe the Photoshop adjustments should be essentially the same.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
lot
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow