Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
TomHJ
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Re: Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark
In reply to coder01, Jan 18, 2013

1)   Without monitor calibration, what you think of as turning the brightness down may not be sufficient.  Monitor brightness for photo printing is a lot less than you might be used to!  Are your results different from a prior printer?

2)   I may be wrong, but it sounds as though you aren't using printer/paper-specific ICC profiles.  To do so, have Photoshop control the color management, with the correct ICC profile (your printer comes with ones for Canon papers; most third-party papers provide ones that are specific to your printer).  Then--equally important!--in your Pro-100 properties, turn off color management (via Main--Color Intensity--Manual--Matching--None).

I have the Pixma Pro 100, and my prints are, consistently, very close to what I expect them to be, based on the monitor (with or without "soft proofing").  I use Lightroom, but believe the Photoshop adjustments should be essentially the same.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow