Difference in IQ: D90, D5100, D3200?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
RonTheGuy
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Re: Sorry Ron...
In reply to rbmphoto, Jan 18, 2013

rbmphoto wrote:

Looks like you've got a couple of posters with nothing better to do.

One posters says no difference up to ISO 1200 - really? Is that opinion based on 8.5 x 11, or 11 X14 or 24 x36 prints, or on screens smaller than 23", just what basis was that no differnce was his conclusion drawn?

The other guy apparently hasn't figured out yet that he doesn't have to open, read, or respond to every thread - limited impulse control I guess.

Suggest going to Thom Hogan's site and looking up all three camera's. Guessing build is better on D90 and good as the D90 sensors is, both newer cameras are better - but I too am trying to figure out how much better the sensor performance (only) is on the D3200 over the D5100.

One thing to consider is the D90 is the only one with an internal AF motor, with the other two you are limited to afs lens or manual focus - a significant limitation if it is your only dsl camera as there is lots of great Nikon glass out there - heck I've got some I bought 30 years ago that are still amazing to this day. Don't overlook the lack of internal moto in comparison to the other two...

Good luck in your search!

I didn't know about Thom Hogan's site. What a great resource! It just might help me pick the right body. Thanks.

RonTheGuy's gear list:RonTheGuy's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow