E-PL5 - eight things I don't like about you.....

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhotoPMW
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Re: E-PL5 - eight things I don't like about you.....
In reply to Guy Parsons, Jan 17, 2013

I was looking for a camera to replace my wife's ancient Canon G3, and found the E-PL5.  The more I looked at it, the more I liked for myself as well.  So I bought two of them at the sale prices over the holidays.  After using a clunky old Canon 10D for the last 8 years, I knew the E-PL5 would be a major paradigm shift for me.  I was right.   My major complaints are:

• Too small for my hands, particularly with a heavy lens.
  • The control wheel is too small.  I have to use my thumb nail to select, press OK, and turn it.
  • The battery door seems flimsy.

Other than that, I love this camera!  It has changed my photographic life.  The SCP and live view are a whole new way to shoot.  Being able to see blocked shadows and highlights before I shoot, blows me away.

The flip side of being too small is that my shoulders no longer ache from carrying around a DSLR and a bag of lenses.  And, I can hide the camera under my coat for "concealed carry."   Being able to touch the screen to focus and shoot is simply fun.  Oh, and image quality, particularly with some of my Pentax primes, is wonderful.

I don't mind the clip-on flash, as I rarely used the flash on my Canon.  I did buy the VF-3, which stays on the camera all the time.

All in all, the E-PL5 is a keeper for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow