Help, Which Lenses to take to London with the GH3?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112Gear list
Like?
Re: Help, Which Lenses to take to London with the GH3?
In reply to Stephb, Jan 17, 2013

BTW I was playing with a GH3 with the 12-35 and 14-140 lenses today (as I was considering getting one). It's certainly not the lightest m43 body so weight is a consideration (which may stop me replacing my GF1 with one and waiting for a GX2 for a little while).

As to how many lenses to take, depends what you are happy carrying all day and what you like photographing. I carried 1480g of Canon kit (today) for comparison purposes, which is too much for a holiday where photography isn't the main purpose, well for me anyway.

I think I'm still happy with my post though. The 12-35 or 14-140, 20/1.7 and possibly the 7-14 sounds like a plan (ditching the latter if weight is an issue). As to which of the first two to take, the 14-140 is great for zooming in on stuff (I have nice shots of gargoyles on a church spire), the 12-35 is sharper and 12mm is a very handy wide option on the standard lens (being noticeably wider than 14mm - I really like the 24mm end of my Canon 24-105 and use it a lot - you can look at focal length usage in your photos with ExposurePlot - http://www.cpr.demon.nl/prog_plotf.html ).

I also handled a 35-100, it was surprisingly light - did they forget to put the glass in?

John

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow