E-PL5 - eight things I don't like about you.....

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,040Gear list
Like?
Re: E-PL5 - eight things I don't like about you.....
In reply to jalywol, Jan 17, 2013

jalywol wrote:

Hi Guy.

I tried the EPL5 out myself, and while it is a nice, solid feeling camera, I didn't think it sat in the hand as well as the EPL1, and I also had a few of the same concerns you do (the mode dial being too easy to accidentally shift modes on, for one).

I have a suggestion...Why not wait to see what the EP-5 will have? It's a rumor, yes, but if one is announced at the CP+ show in a couple of weeks, it might be worth it to wait and see what it has...I mean, if it has a larger LCD and grip, controls, and flash like the EP-3, it would definitely be worth the wait.....Of course, there is an equal chance it will not have the built-in flash, though.

Just a thought....

-J

I love using the E-PL1, very natural after a few years.

The "free" E-P3 to replace the bad E-PL1 really was the camera I should have waited for and bought originally, it's just so nice.

The new E-PL5 has some great new features, it's a better camera for me than the E-M5 would have been. But those 9 things above.....

And the E-P5 ?????

If that surfaces and is good, then maybe the whole E-PL1/E-P3/E-PL5 mess will go away and I get peace at last with the perfect E-P5 -  unless they do something stupid with that as well.

Meanwhile I'm still playing with the E-PL5 getting used to it, have done the v1.1 update and checked all the lenses and flash again for updates.

Later when I am more accustomed to the E-PL5 I promise to make a "ten things I like about the E-PL5" thread. There are a few great things I knew of that made me buy it.

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow