Nikon F5 Film Camera and Lens Question.

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Questions thread
arachnophilia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,991Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon F5 Film Camera and Lens Question.
In reply to Kelly M Jones, Jan 17, 2013
Just to reiterate, your guru may have been confused at the need to move the indicator on the physical aperture ring on the older style AF lenses at aperture f/22 to use it in various auto modes.

i think the confusion is two things:

1. the so-called guru has conflated "film cameras" with "old fashioned manual cameras" and doesn't realize that the F5 and F6 are sophisticated modern SLRs in the same way that a D2 or D3 or D4 is.
  2. the double conflations of G with DX and digital with DX. in the early days, the "special digital only" DX lenses were all G lenses, and the guy might be confusing G with with "only for digital".

that's my guess, anyways. i've been know to hear a lot of crap from guys standing behind counters at camera shops, and i've definitely seen my trusted dealers use some pretty slick misinformation tactics to upsell unsuspecting newbs.

arachnophilia's gear list:arachnophilia's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow