Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Focal Point Photography
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Tamron zoom lens for NEX-7?
Jan 17, 2013

I am looking to get a zoom lens with some telephoto for my NEX-7 which I use mostly as a travel camera when I don't want to lug around my Canon 5D Mk II and it's lenses. I could get one of the Sony telephoto lenses designed for the NEX series but wondered if it would be cheaper and maybe similar quality to get one of the Tamron lenses.

I have an adapter that allows me to mount Canon EF lenses on the NEX-7 so in theory I could buy a Tamron lens with a Canon mount (I'm guessing they don't make any with a Sony E mount) and use it. It might mean pure manual focusing but I'm fine with that.

Does that sound reasonable and, if so, are there any particular Tamron zooms people like? Not looking to spend a fortune since I have a ton invested in my Canon but don't want something totally cheap either. Not sure if I want f/3.5 or f/4.5.

Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow