Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
tamasine
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Re: D90 user thinking about move to D600
In reply to tamasine, Jan 17, 2013

Thanks for all your replies!  I'll respond below to some of them:

Paulski66

If the 24-85 VR is as good as the 16-85 VR then I would be very happy.  It's my favourite lens of all, not just for the focal range, but for the great IQ, colours and contrast it gives me.  However, from a lot of reviews (professional and consumer) it seems that the 24-85 doesn't have the equivalent performance on FX as the 16-85 has on DX

I guess the way forward is with higher MP cameras now...even on DX we're up to 24MP and the D7000 successor will surely have this as well.  Personally, I prefer lower MP.  I even considered a D700 but I think that would be a mistake in the long run.

Studio311

I already have the AIS 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 and 60mm f2.8.  I would probably get the 24-85 VR if it gave good results, partnered with the D600.  Definitely no heavy lenses for me!

Varuas

That's two of you who have indicated it's a massive upgrade from the D90.  The relatively small size is one of the big plus points, as the D90 is the perfect size for me.

I just feel that to buy another DX camera would be a lateral (and not upwards) move.  Maybe I'm wrong - maybe DX is perfectly fine for my needs.  It's just that now with the price of the D600 coming down, it's really worth considering.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow