A99 worthy over A77?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,667Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 vs A77, pros and cons
In reply to William Porter, Jan 17, 2013

Michel J's post in this thread appeared while I was working on my little post of the pros and cons (and trying to hold down my job at the same time). He's already done here so this is duplicative but I do want to acknowledge his list of the A99's advantages over the A77, which is excellent:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/42509079

I wish I'd been aware of his list when I was making mine!

Nevertheless, his list is very detailed and I was intentionally painting with a broader brush. I wanted to make the list as short as possible but make sure I included the Big Things. I don't honestly care that the sensor is thinner or that the photosites are N% wider, etc. To me it's all down to the A99's image quality advantage.

There is just one thing he mentions that I would have included on my list, perhaps as the very last of the A99's significant pros, and that is the ability to use auto ISO (and thus also exposure compensation) while shooting in M.

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow