Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,220Gear list
Like?
Re: Semi-useful answer below
In reply to Barrie Davis, Jan 17, 2013

Barrie Davis wrote:

BAK wrote:

The way the legs on a Benbo are designed, you can safely put the bottom sections into. The Trekker is pretty convenient.

The absolute original Benbo (as made by its inventor, Mr. Mills, 1960s) had leg sections that slid right off the upper leg tube, allowing them to be dried off after immersion, even if used in water above the first joint.

Indeed, I have used my Benbo immersed to its neck, that is, with only the ball head and the camera above the water of a flowing river. I was operating wearing chest high waders, with a film load of a single 5x4" dark slide gripped in my teeth! Note: After 10 minutes this makes you start to dribble quite a lot,

..... but then, it's a dull day goes by without learning something, eh?

I've still got my Benbo tripod, although after 40 years the holes in the circular leg plates have been worn oval by the phosphor bronze curved bolt that is intrinsic to the design. However, I nice engineer chap I know put stainless steel bushes into the leg plates... which he now declares good for another 40 years...

... my son is delighted, as he considers that tripod part of his inheritance.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

80yrs eh! Baz, at that rate Benbo will go bust ...any time now!! LOL.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow