Getting best Dynamic Range with OMD.

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
BushmanOrig
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting best Dynamic Range with OMD.
In reply to witne2s, Jan 17, 2013

Hi

Must say I was amused when reading the D90 never gave DR problems and the E-M5 is not shaping.....

In comparison the D90 uses a ancient sensor with significantly less capability when compared to the E-M5.....saying it differently....if you manage with the D90 then the E-M5 should be really exciting for you....

Nothing wrong with the D90....at its time maybe one of the best....today its really part of yesterdays great ones....

My advice is start with what ever settings you have set in the E-M5....things like sharpness -1....saturation this and the other that and cancel all....

See the article I wrote on basic E-M5 settings on the Photography is Fun website plus the article I wrote on how to use the histogram on the E-M5.

If you new to the E-M5 its a good idea to shoot in the mornings and afternoons and not over lunch. When clouds you might get into a situation where you might loose some highlight detail in the clouds..... Highlight details means those parts over exposed will turn white....in clouds thats not too difficult to manage....

Worse case you could use SAT to trim down DR or you could use the curves function to trim down highlights and up shadows if needed.....

Finally shoor RAW and edit in LR4....you will be amazed what you can pull out an image.....

Most important is you need to show us examples......I love to see these DR images....

Best

Siegfried

-- hide signature --

Community of Photographers
www.photographyisfun.ch

BushmanOrig's gear list:BushmanOrig's gear list
Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Olympus E-M1 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow