Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SantaFeBill
Senior MemberPosts: 2,072
Like?
What I'd like to see in the Panny G7 or GH4
Jan 17, 2013

1. GPS capability to write the data to the file at the time of exposure, either built-in or as a small add-on unit. Come on m4/3 makers. Some DSLRs have had this for some time, and even some P&S cameras. So it can't be that hard to implement.

2. Even better IQ and DR.

3. A global electronic shutter (silent I suppose by definition), usable at all the camera's ISO values.

4. Hybrid PD and CF AF, user-selectable, so the camera would be better for BIFs and other moving subjects where you need very good continuous AF.

5. Non-smearing EVF, which IIRC the OM-D already has, so it's technically possible. The EVF's brightness would also need to be adjustable to be bright enough to use in the bright sunlight common where I live.

6. At least the same range of relatively advanced controls and options for the serious photographer as the current G5, OM-D, etc. IOW, don't dumb it down or remove buttons and control wheels in order to move to a more menu-centric interface.

7. A battery grip for the G7 would be nice, but if the camera had the other features mentioned above and no grip available, I'd still buy it. I suppose a grip for a GH4 would be a given.

I'd be interested in what features others would like to have, as I've probably overlooked some important items.

An m4/3s camera with an SLR-like form factor with the above features would move me to that camera and system from my Nikons.

Canon PowerShot G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow