Stobe your subject

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
BIGGY
Contributing MemberPosts: 723
Like?
Re: Stobe your subject
In reply to Telhma, Jan 17, 2013

Are you interested in tinkering around or in learning lighting?  I'm going to use a very loose comparison.  When I want to learn how to ride a motorcycle, I go and take a course first, get my license, then pick out the right bike to start off learning on and move on from there.

The debatable question is if you should do the same in photography.  Should you get all your gear and start to tinker or should you go and study first and buy gear along the way?  What I would consider is getting a book on lighting and understanding the various lighting patters and techniques.  Do I want to do a Rembrandt style with fill or maybe do a broadlit style using the fill as the kicker.  I would say that if I had to do it all over again I would have read more and then practice as I read.  Just take an egg and put it on your counter and move the light around to see what happens, then change the camera angle...note things down.  Then try it on people or places.

-- hide signature --

http://novophotography.com
Tweet! @MichaelNovosel

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow