Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SirLataxe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,547
Like?
Translating the Silkypix V5 manual
Jan 17, 2013

As those who use Silkypix V5Pro to obtain those nice photos from their RAWs know, the manual is a strange beast with many an obscure phrase & word.  I've been trying to "translate" it into a more familiar english.

I began with Section 10 which is all text and no diagrams or screenshots.  This was easy enough to reformat as I merely used Notepad, the basic Windows text editor.

I've begun an attempt to translate Section 4 of the manual and as this does contain pics & screenshots I've tried to edit in the only application I have that will handle the manual's native format, html.  The application is Word2003 and it is going klunk!

Does anyone know of a better html editor that is either free or inexpensive - one that will handle html better than the klunking Word2003, which takes forever to scroll and keeps buggering-up the formatting?  I was wondering if any of those free Adobe applications they're currently making available would do the job?  I tried Acrobat 7.1 but it too is reluctant to handle the Silky manual's html pages.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

SirLataxe

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow