Opinions on upgrading a700 to a65 or a77?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Yllis
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Re: Opinions on upgrading a700 to a65 or a77?
In reply to clockwork247, Jan 17, 2013

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input, if belated. I ended up buying the a77 and will sell my a700. I've been unfortunately too busy to play with it much but overall I'm happy with it. I'll have to learn the right tweaks to get the best out of it now.

My only real criticisms are that there's a lot more they could have done in software and built in WiFi would have been very useful. Even a touchscreen might have been useful just for quickly selecting AF point. Software-wise it would have been nice if some of the special features (multi-shot averaging for low light and HDR, sweep panorama) would allow you to retain the original RAW frames so you'd have the option of tweaking on a computer later. There's probably a lot they could do with phase + contrast hybrid focusing.

I think the app support for the newer NEX cameras is a step in the right direction. It's a shame that was not included for the a77.

Sounds like there will be a replacement announced soon but it's probably going to be a year before general availability so I think I'll keep the a77 for now.

Thanks again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow