a longtime d7000 & d5100 user's thoughts

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ocean76
Regular MemberPosts: 235
Like?
Re: There may be....
In reply to Mako2011, Jan 17, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

Not necessarily as the DOF of that lens is large at f5.6 (slow lens). The difference between zero and -10 may not show up at f5.6 with a flat target that is still inside the DOF at -10 and Zero...depending on the distance to the target. It would if you could shoot that lens at f1.8.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Hi Mako,

thx again..I got a few things left to make all these clear..

1) if the effect is very very small then what is the purpose of af fine tuning for the lenses starting with  f4?

2) do you remember the my post with the "chocolate cookie photos" , those photos were with this nikkor 16-85 lens at the focal length of 62mm and you said the photo is not as sharp as it should be and it needs some fine tuning..
but then, at these latest samples you say that at 52mm, it is normal that the difference between af fine tuned and the original versions is not undistinguishable .

am I missing sth here?

thx again for your help

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow