A Hawk In Beautiful Morning Light Captured by the SX50

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,583Gear list
Like?
Re: A Hawk In Beautiful Morning Light Captured by the SX50
In reply to Dale Buhanan, Jan 17, 2013

Dale Buhanan wrote:

That is a great capture, Vision. Excellent shot. It looks like she had been sleeping there since she still has one foot up pullled into her breast feathers and is standing on one leg. I guess she decided it was time to wake up and go look for something to eat, and you looked too big and not tasty enough.

Hey Dale. Thanks for the remarks. Yes I think you're right. When I first saw her, she was probably still asleep. That's the only reason she was still there as I went to get my SX50. The raptors here never stick around for long when they know you've seen them. Luckily I was prepared and the three seconds she gave me were enough to get her portrait. Would have pulled back the zoom a tad if I had a second chance but she was already gone from the EVF. And lucky for me, she wasn't flying straight toward me.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow