Selling nex 7 for rx1?

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alphamale77
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
Re: KR vs others
In reply to ottonis, Jan 17, 2013

I respect KR for what he does, his site really helped me a lot when starting to get into DSLR, i appreciate the 101 intro lessons and interesting articles he writes calling for shooters to focus on their picture not the gear.

He does have a very biased view on sony products and i don't blame him, i think he got off the wrong foot when he tested the a55, he passed the a77 and nex 7 which are iconic interms of the features they offered. I can imagine someone shooting canikon all his life always uncomfortable with other's product. sony does have a weaker jpeg engine, since i learnt to shoot raw the quality i get out of the sony system is wonderful, not to mention the zeiss lens combo.

I found his review on rx1 and 5r obsurd, like wtih 5r he would be fine getting a nex 6, but rating 5n against a real dslr is a bit off. Rx1 like other pointed out he didn't spend enough time with it, for the type of stuff he does, he wants a camera that has good color as in canikon color, and that's just his personal thing, plus he adds some flare in his reviews, but that's fine, its all entertainment, no one should see him as the german tech team putting scores on these products.

nyway i suggest to read more on his artistic articles rather than his tech stuff on sony, he need to learn more about sony products.

Rx1 will probably be picked up once ff nex hits the streets, no need nore money to pay for the luxury of first owner, i think rx1 would be the greatest travel camera for me in the future, while for gigs its axx and nex ff

Alphamale77's gear list:Alphamale77's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow