Anyone tried the Fujinon 60/2,4 for macro work or in other areas?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Questions thread
osloray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,580Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone tried the Fujinon 60/2,4 for macro work or in other areas?
In reply to mr moonlight, Jan 17, 2013

mr moonlight wrote:

It's a very good sharp lens, but it's not a true 1:1 macro. It does work pretty much as a macro, but you may want to opt for a true 1:1 macro and an adapter. It depends on your needs. I had a 60mm but sold it. I liked the image quality but not the performance. My feelings about the lens will probably differ since I was planning on using it as a portrait lens and I never really shoot macro.

As with most macro lenses, they tend to be a bit on the slow side when it comes to AF. The Fuji 60 does not have a stop on it so sometimes you'll end up with the lens focusing through a longer range than necessary to lock focus when you're using it as a portrait lens. It's also an f2.4 lens, which is fast enough, but with Fuji's 56mm on the way, I'd rather have an f1.4 portrait lens. I'm not saying that it won't work as a portrait lens, because it will do an admiral job as one, it's just that I'm expecting the 56mm f1.4 to do a slightly better job at it.

It's a good lens and definitely worth having if it's something you will use, but there's a reason why Fuji is also releasing the 56mm f1.4. Similar focal length but different lenses for different purposes.

I am also waiting for the 56mm, but I cannot find it on the lens map for 2013!

osloray's gear list:osloray's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow