Sigma 17-50 Yellow color cast.

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
jitteringjr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,903Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 17-50 Yellow color cast.
In reply to Sovern, Jan 17, 2013

Sovern wrote:

Well like I said the Canon lenses besides the 18-55 are horribly underexposed. If you bring them up in post to match the 18-55 they will more than likely not have a color cast.

Fixing exposure is one problem that is a pretty easy fix (use the histogram or slightly raise exposure in post) but color cast is a different beast.

The Sigma however seems to be properly exposed and is displaying a yellow color cast.

OK I think you made a fair point here. So lets see.  So in the following I took the raw files from the OP and matched up the histograms on top of one another.  Interesting that it took a 4/10 of a stop spread between the 4 lenses to match these up.  White balance remains at 2500 +3.

I cropped these more identical to make up from the slight focal legth differences ( I didn't nail 50mm exactly on some of the zooms).  This way it makes it a little harder to tell which is which based on framing of the original sized images.  I mixed the order up now so guess which is which:

jitteringjr's gear list:jitteringjr's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow