Alphamale77
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps this will explain
In reply to Klipsen, Jan 17, 2013

Klipsen wrote:

From the company's home page:

Product Function For Sony:

5. Temporary do not support A55, A65, A77 DSLR camera with 1.04 version (can use on 1.03 version). We are currently carrying out the update process. After the process is completed, it can be supported by downloading the firmware upgrade. A notice will be made when the upgrade is available.

If you have the latest firmware, they won't work properly. It may have nothing to do with your particular problem, though.

Thank klipsen, the pixel kings are working fine with the a77, i use them to trigger the monolights (photoflex), also tried with two 58 and works fine in both situations. The issue comes when i'm trying to use pixel king and sony's own wireless flash together.

Have you tried placing one of your 58s atop the transmitter instead of the 20? Are your 58s set to channel 1 (the only channel that works with the 20)?

I haven't tried using one of the 58 on top, willl do that tomorrow. I did try to set 58s in different modes will a20 was mounted, and it was always channel 1. May be because my pixel king was also using group a channel 1, but i doubt they would interfere each other.

Finally, systems like the Pixel King work in TTL mode, not wireless, so maybe there's no remote control signal being transmitted by the 20 when mounted atop the transmitter.

i intend to trigger 58 with the 20, the pixel is only for the monolights.

thank you for the suggestions

-- hide signature --

Ceterum censeo soleam calidam ISO esse delendam.

Alphamale77's gear list:Alphamale77's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow