How do you see photos before you take them?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fft81
Contributing MemberPosts: 896
Like?
How do you see photos before you take them?
Jan 17, 2013

I looked at many great photos. I watched youtube videos by many talented photographers, theartofphotography is actually my favorite one. I can see a good picture and i can see a bad picture; i can see the difference between them, paths, rule of thirds etc. I know what makes a good photograph, but when i look at things in real life they just seem too ordinary, they don't seem captivating or artistic.

How do you change or develop the way you see the world to find great shots? Occasionally i get lucky, i take a picture of something ordinary and boring, but when i print that photograph it looks better than that scene looked in real life. How do you develop your eyes to see extraordinary compositions instead of ordinary objects?

EDIT:

I should add that once i see an object or person (a scene) that i like i can see the light and things which make it better or worse. Then i can adjust the angle i shoot from, or move distracting objects, light sources etc. BUT the problem i am facing is finding these beautiful subjects in the first place.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow