Best DSLR + lens combo for low light, indoor kid shots

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
jbart1
Regular MemberPosts: 162
Like?
Re: Nikon D5100
In reply to tedandtricia, Jan 17, 2013

Unfortunately the D5100 is a friend of mine's that I don't readily have access to  the pictures from.  I may be able to find some on FB but they will be downsampled for online display.  At that point in time my only DSLR reference point was the D3000 and as you can see the D5100 is a huge step up in quality from that  - I also didn't have nearly as much experience as I do now with action and low light settings.

Ok Found a few.  These were taken with the 18-200 VR lens mostly at around full zoom.  All handheld from the stands.

I am sure a better person behind the lens and a tripod would do wonders for even better images.

Since then I have used both a D7000 and bought my own D600 - love it by the way.  The D600 with 24-85vr + 70-300vr2 lenses put me back $2300.  My dilemma was that I knew my personality and I would be playing the "what if?" game in my head about jumping into the deep end with Full frame forever.   I got lucky with an end of year bonus that made the decision much easier.  I think I would have been pretty darn happy with the D5100 for less than half the price though.  And that is money that can be spent on better lenses or other accessories, or trips to places where you can get memorable pictures.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OM-DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow