Besides m4/3, what other system do you own?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,805Gear list
Like?
Canon
In reply to zerlings, Jan 17, 2013

My small, everyday is now the OMD + 7-14, 14-45, 45-175 in a bag in the car.  Whenever I am out and about, it is always close at hand.  For the winter, now I am shooting double-strapped between the GH2+7-14 and OMD+14-45 in the mountains, with the G1 + 45-175 in the bag.  Travel photography is OMD + 8/14/20/45 primes.

My heavy landscape gear is Canon, 5D2, 550D with a suite of lenses.  Mostly spring-fall.  People pictures it is the 5D2 with the fast primes, usually FE/24/50/135.

The real question is what to do this next summer in the park now that I have the OMD and a pretty convincing set of general use lenses.  There is more exacting quality with the Canon setup and TSE optics, but the OMD finally put my m43 imager on par wrt DR/noise... which probably means in any hiking/climbing situation without a tripod the Canon can be retired.  That will be a relief.

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow