Canon EF-S 17-55mm VS Sigma 17-50mm VS Tamron 17-50mm?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,475Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally Decided on the Canon EF-S 17-55mm
In reply to Sovern, Jan 17, 2013

Sovern wrote:

Easy, Yungnuo YN560 II. It's full manual but it can be triggered via infared via the more expensive Canon flashes via setting it as a slave.

I used one at a New Years party with a Canon 580EX and the Yungnup had faster recycling times and flash is flash. I also found having to press a button to swivel the head very annoying with the Canon flash.

The Yungnuo has about the same power output as the most expensive Canon flashes as well.

Heres the big +

It only costs $70.

http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-YN-560-Speedlight-Flash-Nikon/dp/B0079M711S

Gee, it's a clone of 580EX II.  Does it support ETTL?  If not, I'd not buy.  430EX II should be perfect on OP's need, relative small and light but still very powerful, and it's Canon.  I prefer 430EX II over my 580EX II.

Off topic, Canon new RT based 600EX-RT and its trigger ST-E3-RT are the best technically in  the market now.  From what I have read, they work basically flawlessly and extremely reliable. Canon will release other lower models of RT base flashguns soon.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BTWNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow