Flat view
G-D
G-D
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Thinking about getting an EOS M
Jan 17, 2013

Hi all,

I'm not shure which forum to use for EOS M, apologies if this isn't the right one.

I'm going on an outdoor trip for 1 week in February and I need a camera that will shoot good pictures, not only in normal daylight but also when there's less light (evening, indoors). All I have right now is a Canon SX220, which isn't great in low light (but it's zoom and IQ in good light are really good).

I guess I'm looking for a point&shoot with a big sensor. I'm on a budget, and I would like a rather compact and light camera, no DSRL-like beast.

I've been looking hard at Sony NEX and RX100 and they're great, but I just don't like Sony colours and somehow (IMHO) the affordable E-mount lenses aren't the sharpest.

Then there's Olumpus E-PL5 M43 but somehow that didn't convince me either.

Then I had a look at the EOS M, which I can get now for 649€, including flash unit SL 90EX. I like the colours and IQ a lot.  The pictures I saw from the 18-55 kit lens seemed really sharp (for a kit lens) and clear, and the 22mm is a nice FL to shoot with. But there's only the 18-55 and the 22mm. Also the SL 90EX is rather big (is there a smaller flash available?) and battery life isn't fenomenal.

I know that in the end only me myself and I can answer this question, but please share your thoughts: should I get the EOS M with 18-55 and SL 90EX for 645€ ? Or are there better alternatives for what I need?

Thanks.

G-D.

Olympus PEN E-PL5 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow