Dust on sensor on new NEX F3? :(

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
chromnd
Regular MemberPosts: 333Gear list
Like?
Re: Dust on sensor on new NEX F3? :(
In reply to vwxyz, Jan 17, 2013

vwxyz wrote:

Yesterday i noticed some dots on my images when uploaded to my pc. As i viewed images of f22 i noticed a few more. I circled the dots in paint and as the image was so bi,g i noticed a few more. The camera was given to me still sealed in the box as a going away present for my travels. I've had it 8 weeks and managed to see dots already i have never even taken the lens off the camera and always carried it in a lowepro bag.

Sending off the camera is not an option as i am already away. What am i supposed to do? I also noticed a peice of focused dust as i was taking pictures of the sky! you can not see the dust on this picture nor any other picture i have taken. Ironically i think the dust got there when cleaning it to see if the dark spots were dirt

Here is a picture:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/xyz113/dust_zps4fab5968.jpg

Thanks in advance

That's not a big deal and totally normal after a certain time. As the body is not sealed, and a zoom lens is always sucking and blowing air to a certain degree, you can't prevent your sensor from being exposed to some dust over lifetime.

I bought this:

http://www.amazon.de/Giottos-GTAA1900-Rocket-air-Blower-schwarz/dp/B00017LSPI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358412588&sr=8-3

As long as it's only some simple dust spots, this will help to remove them. Just use it gently and do not touch the sensor. Hold the camera face down when using the air blower.

Try also the clean mode in the menu first.

chromnd's gear list:chromnd's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow