X-E1 and OMD

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
pertgate01
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Re: Good way to decide!
In reply to 57even, Jan 17, 2013

And whereas there are some very nice (and expensive) lenses for MFT, there are quite a few disappointing dogs as well. All the Fuji lenses OTOH are good to excellent optically.

There are, but they are also a LOT less expensive than the Fuji lenses. These "disappointing dogs" were targeted for people with different budgets. Then you got the much better primes like the Pan 20mm f1.7, Pan 25mm f1.4, Olympus 12mm f2.0, Olympus 45mm f1.8, Olympus 60mm f2.8, Olympus 75mm f1.8. With the exception of the Oly 75mm and Oly 12mm (which are in similar price class as the Fuji lenses), the rest are all cheaper than the Fuji lenses.

I predict that the three prime lenses and the kit lens that are out now, are the cheaper lenses fuji will be releasing. I predict the future ones to be just as expensive if not much more. I bet the 56mm f1.4 will be closer to a thousand dollars with the other prime lenses hovering in the $600 to $800 territory. WIth micro four thirds you will at least have the option to choose the cheaper options if you cant afford the more expensive options. And its not like the cheaper options like the Pan 14mm, Pan 20mm, and Oly 45mm are optically poor. They are actually rated just as high as the Fuji lenses. Just saying.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow