focuspulling
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
Re: Confirmed
In reply to CosmoZooo, Jan 17, 2013

CosmoZooo wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

Mike Boreham wrote:

Can some NEX 6 owners confirm/deny/update on this?

Yes, I can confirm that my NEX-6 does not have the overheating issues of other NEX models.

I shot 90 minutes of continuous video (3 times 30 minute clips back to back), before my battery gave out.

There was less than 10 seconds between the end of one 30 minute clip and the start of the next. I did have the LCD pulled away from the body while shooting.

The BIG question I have, is why do we have a 30 minute (29'50") record limit in cameras NOT sold in the EU?

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

Dude I have the same question because my Panny Lumix P&S doesn't have the stupid time limit. So every time people say it has to do with import tax or something like that I keep thinking well what about my Panasonic...they did it, what's wrong with others. Btw I have GX1 in my possession right now I should check if it has a limit...I bet not.

Careful with your assumptions.  The length of video files may be transparently longer, but that might be after they're stitched together upon import by a smart acquisition tool.  Certainly with Sony AVCHD (e.g., my NEX-FS100), any recording time longer than 30 minutes starts into a new file, but upon import using PlayMemories, it's stitched together into a seamless file longer than 30 minutes (to match the actual recording time).

focuspulling's gear list:focuspulling's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow