Dual Monitors calibrated, different different view, yet PS color swatches are the same?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gdebruin123
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Dual Monitors calibrated, different different view, yet PS color swatches are the same?
Jan 17, 2013

Hi All,

I hope some of you can enlightening me on something I had not seen before with regards to calibration of multiple monitors.

I have the Spyder4elite and calibrated both screens and all went without any problem. My main screen was off majorly, the other slightly according the before and after reviews.

When I compared the two screens side by side (Spydertune) you can see the differences immediately, one screen has brighter colors than the other one. I was now wondering which one is correct? Bear with me please!

I then decided to open PS and look at one pictures on both screens and again it showed the flatness in the colors. I do know why but I pulled over the histogram over to the second screen and it did NOT change - it was the same color on both screens. The same was true with the color swatches.

I took screen shots of the histogram and color swatches from the main monitor and and then moved them to the second screen that is lighter in color. As you can see the colors of the histogram / swatches do not change yet the picture is. I would have assumed they would change also.

Let me know what you all think.

Appreciate any help or suggestions,

gdebruin123

gdebruin123's gear list:gdebruin123's gear list
Canon EOS 20D
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow