Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Frank LoPriore
Senior MemberPosts: 1,241Gear list
Like?
Re: GM Loses.
In reply to 57even, Jan 17, 2013

57even wrote:

brettmeikle wrote:

Your absolutely right - UK manufacturing improved hugely ion the 80s. Our family had a Vauxhall dealership from 1965 to 1990 and the units from Ellesmere were pretty good. Mind you on a tour of Luton the dick wheel spinning the Cavaliers off the end of the production line didn't impress me.

Hmm, some things about Luton never change

I've had unrepeatable experiences with Renault; a Scenic diesel with low mileage that was a testament to shoddy electronics and horrendous liability. It was 3 years old and cost me, like the Fords, over a grand in running repairs (three electric windows failed and two injectors). The RAC were a grand investment for that motor!

The only faultless car I ever owned (present Skoda excepted) was an Alfa 156 2.0 TS, bought from new and sold 7 years on with 90K up, still pulling like a demented train and looking like it did in the showroom. Needed 4 sets of rear suspension bushes and a new exhaust, but otherwise just tyres, brake pads and batteries and a new cam belt at 50k. I loved that car! I did get the dealer to upgrade the dampers though, stock ones were useless.

Conversely both my Golfs and a 3 series BMW spent more time in the garage than on the road. All sold within a year.

Clearly my "luck" is entirely the opposite to most peoples' !

I watched Clarksen test a Skoda Yeti on Top Gear the other night. Very impressive, but like a lot of smaller european cars, not imported to US.

Frank LoPriore's gear list:Frank LoPriore's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow