I just purchased a Nikon D70 on ebay for $65, Good price?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ReCat
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Re: I just purchased a Nikon D70 on ebay for $65, Good price?
In reply to Richard Murdey, Jan 17, 2013

Richard Murdey wrote:

Personally I draw the line at the D2/D200/D80/D40 generation. Older than that and there starts to be real issues in image quality, speed of operation, size/weight, and battery life. Not to mention the rear LCDs are tiny. The older dSLRs are simply not as nice to use as later models.

Still a D70S with a broken flash and no lens is better than nothing at all I guess, and it's difficult to imagine anything better for the price.

The original kit lens was the 18-70 DX. This is a better lens in many respects than the 18-55 DX variants that came later, but is probably not buyable for $90. The 18-55 DX II is reasonable and within budget, and I guess its alright is you just want to take snaps.

If you actually want to get creative and have some fun, I disagree with the previous suggestion to get a Nikon 50/1.8 AF. Nice lens, but 75mm eff. is just too restrictive for a one lens setup.

Instead, go on ebay and search for the following:

An Ai mount manual focus 28mm F2.8 from Tokina, Vivitar, Soligor, or any other number of other brands.

An Ai mount manual focus 135mm F2.8 from Tokina, Vivitar, Soligor, or any other number of other brands.

You should be able to pick them up for ~<$30 each.

Actually, I can't seem to find it. Would you mind linking me to example listings of these lenses? Preferably on the ebay us site.

-- hide signature --

Don't let others define you, only you can determine your fate.

ReCat's gear list:ReCat's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Nikon Coolpix S220 Nikon D70
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow