ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
madhu0
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
Inconsistent Exposure with Flash ETTL
Jan 17, 2013

Hi,

I recently bought a Canon 5D Mark III Kit (great deal from B&H) and got a Sigma EF-610 DG flash from my friend. The flash is only 2 weeks old (he loaned that to me). When I use the flash I am getting the following issues

1) Inconsistent exposure: I was getting inconsistent exposure for after every 3-4 shots. The flash output suddenly seems to be increased (and also the shutter speed reduces - I am using aperture priority) and the image is over exposed.

2) I kept the camera on a tripod and meter the same object and and pressed the shutter. after every 4-5 shots I can see that the exposure is suddenly changed (shutter speed in my case since I am using aperture priority) and the flash output seems to be more and hence the image is overexposed

It appears to me there is some communication issue with the camera and flash and the camera starts lowering the shutter speed and at the same time, the flash seems to do the opposite (increase the output)

I tried to check whether any problem with the camera metering (in non-flash situations) and it is always reliable (no exposure changes)

Has anyone experienced similar problems with the E-TTL when using third party flashes like Sigma?

Regards,

Madhu

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow