Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bcrawf
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Using off-camera flash with 7D?
Jan 17, 2013

I wish to use my new 7D in a small studio setting to set off (one or more) flash heads on my old studio Speedatron unit. I set my 7D for the E-TTL II setting so I can use the built-in flash to signal with its small pulse of light to the electric-eye plug-in I've plugged into the Speedatron power box to trigger the unit. This all works perfectly except the flash apparently goes off too early, judging by my "pictures". I've tried exposing on B and other settings. I am concluding that the 7D must be cabled to the Speedatron box because the off-camera flash units the 7D will accommodate include only proprietary flash units which have their own electronic exposure controls which communicate with the 7D. Am I correct? Do I have an alternative to just cabling-up my 7D (and using an electronic flash meter to get my lights set up)? Thanks for any help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow