Panasonic gx1 or Olympus E-PL5? Backup to OMD

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mingjai
Senior MemberPosts: 1,246Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you need fail-safe redundancy?
In reply to malabito, Jan 16, 2013

malabito wrote:

i don't have any preference between both jpg engines since I tweak everything in Lightroom.

Shooting RAW and tweaking in Lightroom should allow you to easily harmonize the GX1 and E-M5 outputs in post, especially if you profile both cameras using a color target. Shooting JPEG would be a little bit more challenging to match the outputs.

I use both the GX1 and E-M5 and I'm of the opinion that if you take a day or two before hand to get used to the GX1 interface (relatively simple compared to Olympus), you'll have no problem using the two cameras interchangeably. I've owned m4/3 bodies from both manufacturers, and though I prefer the interface and AF implementation of Panasonic, I can work Olympus cameras just as instinctively.

Also, if the E-PL5's IBIS is anything close to that of the E-PL2, then IBIS won't much of a selling point, because I didn't find IBIS Lite to be very effective.

Mingjai's gear list:Mingjai's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow