Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
nico-foto
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: Travel Photography in Cuba using Micro Four Thirds - A photo essay
In reply to FrankS009, Jan 16, 2013

FrankS009 wrote:

You wrote,

"in the end, it is pictures what count, having a story, a point of view, an idea or concept."

It is one thing to have the right gear for photographing. It is another to have content beyond exposure, composition, and post processing. Would you share a bit more what you meant by what you wrote above for a relatively new photographer. Thank you.

F.

Hi Frank. I believe the sentence requires context:

"Like every other photographer in this forum, I get all excited when I buy a new camera or lens, but in the end, it is pictures what count, having a story, a point of view, an idea or concept...I try to always remember that, gear should be in service of personal vision, and not the other way around."

There's way too many people that concentrate on gear or technique. Having the fattest, biggest, greatest and newest gear out there. I don't have anything against them, but that is not photography. That is collecting gear, or enjoying technology for technology's sake. Gear does not equal message or vision. Technical knowledge does not equal soul.

Just because you have a race car parked in your garage does not mean you're a race driver

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/nicolasraddatz
www.nico-foto.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow