If you had to start from scratch, what would you do?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bamboojled
Contributing MemberPosts: 553Gear list
Like?
Re: If you had to start from scratch, what would you do?
In reply to dirkluchtman, Jan 16, 2013

@dirkluchtman,

I would definitely consider the D800...

It is an amazing camera and continues to WOW me on a daily basis.

Aside from the dynamic range, the camera is very responsive and the files that this camera produces is nothing short of outstanding.

The 5DIII is also an excellent camera and i would keep this camera on my short list as it is a great performer. This camera however, has not really improved on overall performance of the image over it's predecessor the 5DII, in dynamic range, color depth, or resolution. What you will get though is a very capable camera that has a very well rounded feature set.

If you are looking for the ultimate picture quality, the D800 is very hard to beat!!!

As far as service issues or initial QC. The D800 did have reported cases early on of left focus issue.

As far as I understand, this is now a none issue on the latest batches, and even when it was an issue, it was limited to a few cameras by comparison to all that were manufactured.

Remember, that when you are on these forums the vocal posters are usually the ones having issues, not the ones that are not. Many of the threads on the Nikon forum were same folks posting over and over and starting new threads.

This is not to say that they did not have a real gripe, simply that they were the ones posting more often than not.

As far as file sizes are concerned, memory for you computer is cheap, about $50-$75 for a terabyte.

Is it slower to work on the files, a little, but the results are well worth it once you see the final results.

Whichever camera you decide on, I hope it fulfills your needs for years to come...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow