More D700 Sample Photos vs. D600, Anyone??

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,858Gear list
Like?
More D700 Sample Photos vs. D600, Anyone??
Jan 16, 2013

I am selling my D7000, hopefully by the end of this week, and i am looking into jumping into FF. I haven't made up my mind yet, and i might just wait for D7000 replacement, just maybe.

I am seeing many photos being posted here from the D600, and they sure look very live, sharp, and CRYSTAL CLEAR! Very nice photos indeed.

Are photos from a D700 not as good that people are not really interested in or embarrassed to post them???

I am seriously considering getting a used D700 instead of the D600. Why?? i am just not the type of guy that likes to put up with BS. I really really like those images from the D600, but there is NO WAY IN HELL i am willing to put up with the dust/oil mumble jumbo going around and i am not interested in having to clean the sensor every so many shots. I think that is RIDICULOUS. I have never had to do the cleaning on my D7000, i don't hear this issue with D300, D700 owners, so i really don't see why i would shoot my own foot and open a can of worms with the D600.

BUT!! I would be willing to invest on the D600 until Nikon confirms that the issue has been addressed and new bodies going out of the factory don't have this problem anymore (that day may never come until the next D600 replacement )

I am looking for a care free reliable camera with awesome auto focus and awesome everything, i mostly do family, kid's portraits, and friend's weddings, I don't do landscape, i am not a pro (but i do like pro quality) and from threads that i have read, many of you say that the D700 is one of a kind reliable mean machine, better AF than D600, etc, etc.

I honestly don't believe in "seeing is believing", spiritually wise that is, because i actually believe what i don't see, but in this case seeing more D700 images would sure be helpful

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow