Future of Sigma cameras?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
richard stone
Senior MemberPosts: 1,575
Like?
Re: Future of Sigma cameras?
In reply to One River, Jan 16, 2013

One River wrote:

Richard, I agree about the EPL1. It's a great camera and one of those cameras that is perfect if you want to put your money in to Sigma and have another camera for the "other stuff" that Sigma doesn't do. In fact I think Oly never really surpassed the IQ of the EPL1 until the OMD was released.

It's nice to read that: I do not have anything to compare it to, but the E-PL1 got great reviews in large part because it has a "weak" AA filter. That and it has all the features I wanted for a practical "consumer" camera, including a good flash for fill-in light, very good jpg files, IS, etc. It's a ILC/P&S. I put the 20mm 1.7 Panasonic lens on it. Great images, but I am sure it doesn't come close to the DPM2.

When I want simple and easy images of the children or aged relatives I use the Oly.

I have lately seen a few posts and images from people who use the DPM2 as their sole camera. It seems to work out well. I wasn't quite ready to do that. Soon.

Richard

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow