ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alan_Hogg
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Is icc profile attached to X-E1 jogs?
Jan 16, 2013

Hi There,

I hope you will excuse me for asking this question here, instead of the printing forum. I recently swopped from a Canon 5DII to the Fuji X-E1 with zoom and love the change. I know there are some experienced people here and would value your comments.

I am struggling getting nice colors from my Canon i9950 printer (with latest drivers), using  a retina-MacBook Pro (10.8.2) and Photoshop CS6. The printer is now quite old aand may need replacing but I thought it would be worthwhile seeing if someone is willing to comment on my workflow. And before someone asks, no I have not using a Spyder or similar calibration device. I may have to in the future, but simply cannot afford it right now.

The camera color space is set to AdobeRGB (1998) and I have set the CS6 working space also to AdobeRGB (1998). I have CM Policy set to "Preserve Embedded profile" and the 3 boxes ticked. The conversion options are set to "Adobe (ACE)" with "Relative Colorimetric" intent. Black Point compensation is ticked. When the photo is opened in CS, it of course opens without any warning flags.

To print, I choose "Print" from the File menu, and under "CM" I have "PS Manages Colors" and because I am using Canon Photo Paper Pro, have selected the printer profile "Canon i9900/i9950 PR1" with Black Point Compensation checked and Relative Colorimetric showing under 'Rendering intent".

The print settings are: CM - all options greyed out, Quality & Media = Photo Paper Pro, Color Options greyed out also.

Can anyone please tell me if I am doing something wrong with this workflow?

Many thanks,

Alan

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow