Best DSLR + lens combo for low light, indoor kid shots

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
tedandtricia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,097Gear list
Like?
my budget
In reply to Sapper987, Jan 16, 2013

Maybe you could tell me what my price range needs to be to get a good keeper rate without too many sacrifices and compromises. If 90% of kids photos can be gotten with a budget under $1K, then my budget is probably $1K. If I have too many blurred photos and out of focus shots because the AF was slow or didn't track as well as it would have on a really high end DSLR, then my budget might need to be $2K or $3K. I don't want to spend that kind of money unless necessary but I think I should first let the task determine my budget and not the other way around.

I guess most DSLR or compacts can handle easy outdoor portraits. So I guess I want to get more info about cameras in the marginal situations. Low light. Unpredictable motion. Low light unpredictable motion. If I spend $500 or $5000 more, am I able to capture a class of photos that I wasn't able to before?

tedandtricia's gear list:tedandtricia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OM-DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow