NEX 6 to replace both DSLR (Nikon D5100) and Compact?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikguy
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Jan 16, 2013

EiensteinsGhost nailed most of it. I own Nikon and Sony stuff. I just got the Nex6 a whie back and have not used my A65 since. It is to me almost perfect with a few items like he mentioned. But for travel etc I love it I have the 16-50 no problems and the Tamron 18-200 very nice complement fit well to body. The original Sony 18-200 did not leave much room for fingers. I have shot video and pictures with both lens they look great.  My pictures and video at iso 6400 blew me away as seen on a 55 inch LCD and when printed.

I did also purchase the LA-EA2 (great price on Amazon) auto focus adapter to use A lens on the Nex6 and it works great even my fat large 16-50 Sony F2.8 it feels good on it not even top heavy. To me there is so much good about the Nex6 it seems underated in print. I love the diffent features on my many cameras (suffering form camera lust) but the Nex6 is on top.  By the way my travel companion to the Nex6 is a RX100

Nikguy's gear list:Nikguy's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX7 Nikon Coolpix S9100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow