Some winter views from Norway (imgs)

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
eaa
eaa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,838Gear list
Like?
Re: Some winter views from Norway (imgs)
In reply to 19andrew47, Jan 16, 2013

19andrew47 wrote:

Some very nice views! Like 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8 best. Doesn't seem to be a lot of snow in the first two, but plenty in the rest.

Thank you, Andrew! Glad you like them
The amount of snow on the ground is more or less the same in all these locations. Not much, but around 1 foot/30cm or so. Bar the first two pics, I guess the fact that the trees are overgrown w/ rime makes the impression of winter more pronounced in the rest of the series. But the snow conditions were more or less the same, as was the temperatures.

I'm not a big fan of extreme cold, and you are not quite there at those temperatures, but still pretty cold! Spent a winter in Wawa Ontario and that year -40 (F or C the same) was reached a few times. -30 F was common. I am sure there are colder places but that was more than enough for me!

Actually the temps were down to -39°C/-38°F in the eastern part of the county this morning. Which as you say is enough. Even for a Norwegian

-- hide signature --
 eaa's gear list:eaa's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow