V1 - who's it for?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
tex
tex
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,122Gear list
Like?
People like my daughter (mostly); my wife (definitely)
In reply to Undah, Jan 16, 2013

Both smart people, each with a good eye, each with a need to get better shots----but not to the extent that they need much better gear.  I got one for my daughter for her travels abroad (at this last holiday's fire sale pricing it was impossible to resist...even though I'm a Sony Alpha and NEX user).  It's a tad big for what she wanted, but clearly also has advantages.  If she eventually decides it's not right for her, my wife will inherit it and it will be perfect for her.

Shortly examples from the mirrorless segment in general will offer every benefit any enthusiast DSLR ever did for all but very specialized users.  I think it's possible that 10 years from now we'll have some compacts still (more like Sony RX100, fewer cheapos), the mirrorless segment, and then upper end cameras that are more or less MF cameras for all intents and purposes. The Sony A900/850 broke some trail on that, and now the D800 is pretty much right there, with Pentax 645 leading the way in an actual MF camera that is within sight of reasonably/affordably priced.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Pentax 645Z Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow