Which Pentax DSLR should I get?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Questions thread
JimC1101
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Which Pentax DSLR should I get?
In reply to Larrybobba, Jan 16, 2013

Well, to start with, you have come to the right place to find out all you can about Pentax. Both DPR and Pentax Forum are full of individuals from beginners to experienced shooters who are very helpful in giving advise and real world feed back. Just spending time in one of these sites and searching on different topics that you have questions about will give you a wealth of information.

Secondly, one of the great things about Pentax is backwards compatibility which means that any DSLR that you get will use any lens ever made by pentax albeit some of the features on the older lens such as auto focus will not be available on manual lenses and you will need an adapter for screw mount lenses. The great thing though is that with the shake reduction in body with Pentax, you will get SR with any camera ever made.

I had always been a Canon shooter during my P&S and bridge camera days but when I jumped to a DSLR and did my research, I found that Pentax was the brand for me. You might not see it advertised on tv and in mags but it has been around since the beginning and has alot of loyal followers, me being one of them now. The price you pay vs the features you get are clearly unmatched sans video but I by a DSLR for pics, not vids, so no worries there. I am on my second Pentax DSLR, first was the K-x which was a phenominal camera for a beginner DSLR and now the K-30 which is a worthy mid level successor. Maybe I am biased but I dont think any camera can match it for the price.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow