Getting used to a macro lens

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Penny123
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
Re: Well, the good news ..
In reply to mothman13, Jan 16, 2013

I took a couple of quick shots this afternoon with my tripod and they look ok and I did manage to get the area I was after in focus so I think it must be me!  I am still not getting the best out of the lens from what I know it is capable of.  I took some shots in my garden today just of the dog and they are not as sharp as my other lenses when I zoom in a little... Most of the shots I took this afternoon of her I forgot to set the exposure down a bit like I normally do as her face can often come out a little over exposed.

I know the exposure isn't perfect but I have one with a faster shutter speed and it is still similar. Am I understanding that because i used an aperture of 2.8 (was using that for a test if I am in a low light situation)  That the image wont be as sharp as it is focusing on a smaller section?

This is an example of something small I was trying to focus on but failing... I focused in the centre of the small object.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow