If you had to start from scratch, what would you do?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alastair Norcross
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,613Gear list
Like?
Re: If you had to start from scratch, what would you do?
In reply to dirkluchtman, Jan 16, 2013

From the numerous complaints about pricing I read on these forums from Europeans, it seems that European prices are usually higher than in the US or Canada. It would be totally illogical to sell your gear (which is probably already out of warranty) to buy similar gear at higher prices, just to get a short warranty period, which you are unlikely to need. It seems you are just looking for an excuse to buy new toys. I understand that. We all like new toys. But at least be honest with yourself. This has nothing to do with needing warranty service. If you are happy with the way your equipment is working for you, keep it. If not, buy more. I doubt whether you'll be able to tell the difference between the Nikons and the Canons in terms of the results, but maybe you just want to try something new.

-- hide signature --

Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Alastair Norcross's gear list:Alastair Norcross's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD450 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Canon PowerShot S45 Pentax Optio W60 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow