SX50 Mini-Reviews Christmas Special - Did you find your new camera under the tree?

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,728Gear list
Like?
Re: Hey! New pictures from my SX50
In reply to sharksanks, Jan 16, 2013

sharksanks wrote:

PS - Can you post a picture of your camera case? I'm getting ripped off by the canon dealer here so I want to see what an original looks like.

This is the case I use for my SX50. I used it previouslly fo rmy SX40, but the slightly smaller SX50 fits even better and the camera can be easily grabbed in shooting position from my waist with my right hand.

http://www.caselogic.com/en-US/US/Products/Camera-Cases/High-Zoom-Camera-Cases/DCB_-_304_-_BLACK_-__-_HighZoomCameraCase

Post processing is a fun skill once you find a program that you feel comfortable using. As mentioned previously, I use Photoshop CS6 (recently upgraded from CS5) because of the vast featureset and because it supports 30 bit processing in OpenGL mode on my high end workstations. But it is an expensive deal and has a high learning curve. Photoshop Elements (current version is 11) is much less expensive and can always be found on sale. It has a lot of the features of PhotoshopCS, especially the basic and middle level ones, and a lot of automation for the beginner. You may like it. But others here may suggest other programs to start with that I may have tried or tested earlier versions of, but no longer use. One of these in their latest version may also fit your needs well.

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow