How not having a gun de-escalated the situation...

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
FeedMe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,474
Like?
Re: How not having a gun de-escalated the situation...
In reply to papillon_65, Jan 16, 2013

papillon_65 wrote:

I have no issues with this story - I just don't see it as a perfect example of negotiating a way out of the problem.

I never said it was a perfect example, just an example of how negotiation can also overcome the same problem.

(Shakes hand)

There we go - we CAN agree.. it's an example, a decent one if not great..

I still think it worked so well because he was pretty ready to give it up anyway.
It'd be very dangerous to try it with a real nut.

Mind you - THEY didn't know this, so my view doesn't take away from their bravery.

-- hide signature --

Delirium is the youngest of the endless. She smells of sweat, sour wines, late nights, old leather.
Her realm is close and can be visited; however human minds were not made to comprehend her domain, those who've made the journey have been incapable of reporting back more than the tiniest fragments.

-- hide signature --

Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

-- hide signature --

Delirium is the youngest of the endless. She smells of sweat, sour wines, late nights, old leather.
Her realm is close and can be visited; however human minds were not made to comprehend her domain, those who've made the journey have been incapable of reporting back more than the tiniest fragments.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow