Good Olympus / Bad Olympus (OM-D E-M5)

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,068Gear list
Like?
Re: GOOD Olympus / GOOD Olympus
In reply to carvemeister, Jan 16, 2013

carvemeister wrote:

OK, Title change! I was premature to use "Bad " in the initial title. Despite the annoying comment by the guy who took in my HLD-6, I just got an email from Olympus that they are repairing it under warranty and it will ship back within a week.

Great job Olympus!

I had a somewhat similar bad/good experience with Oly service that makes me think that one's service experience depends on who you talk to. When I got my OM-D the battery wouldn't charge. I called Oly and told them that either the battery or the charger was defective. The first person I spoke with said it had to be the battery because they he had never seen a defective charger. He also said that I was out of luck because the battery isn't covered under Oly's warranty and that my only option was to call the retailer and see if they had a battery they could send me. After verifying that the retailer did not have a battery, I called Oly and got a different person who said she would ship me a new battery right away. That battery also wouldn't charge, so I ended up having to send in the charger which Oly replaced within a week. At least I got a second battery for free for my aggravation.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow